Board logo

标题: [经验总结] 学校的使命:建立孩子的信心 [打印本页]

作者: entirhub    时间: 2009-11-24 14:50     标题: 学校的使命:建立孩子的信心

Confidence

A poster in the auditorium was taken down, wrapped, and sent up the school bus for a student today. What was the reason?

The student had been performing poorly and seemed to have lost confidence in himself. He had lost interest in learning. His mother had been very upset after hearing the teacher’s report about his performance or rather, lack of it. Which parent would not feel sad when the child is feeling this way?

This student had, about a year ago, performed in the auditorium for the school. He was full of confidence then. A picture of him playing on the piano was taken, made into a poster and hung in the auditorium.

To remind him of his past glory, the principal had asked for the poster to be taken down and given to him as a present today. His mother was pleasantly surprised at his change when she came home in the evening. Her son was so motivated, he got ready to go for piano class without her nagging at him and he had asked his piano teacher to rewrite 3 songs so that he could practice and be ready to perform in the school anytime he is needed.

A thankful mother, a motivated student, resulted from a thoughtful gesture.

今天,一张悬挂在学校礼堂墙壁的巨型海报被校长取下,包裹,并送到一个学生的校车上,让他带回家去。校长为何这么做呢

原来,校长近来察觉该学在课业上表现得不好,对自己似乎失失去了信心。班主任跟家长沟通,说明这个事实,妈妈承受不了,连打带骂,孩子的信心再次深陷谷底,一蹶不振。

校长记得一年前,该名学生,曾经在学校礼堂为全校表演钢琴演奏曲子。曲子悠扬悦耳,惊动四方。信心满满的他,当然成为摄影同事的焦点。校长见照片的效果特佳,因此制成了一张巨型海报,悬挂在礼堂。

知道他对学习失去了信心,校长为了唤起他当初的“风光”,把巨型海报摘下,送给了他。当天晚上,也是例常的钢琴课,在没有妈妈(平日)唠叨以及“恐吓”下,孩子主动要求早点到钢琴老师的住家上课。他要求老师为他编组3首曲子,当场练习,据说,练习的程度叫人惊讶。因为他说他要预备好,随时应邀上台再为全校师生表演。

一位感恩的母亲,一位再次寻找信心的学生,都是从一个微不足道的举动引发的。。。

[ 本帖最后由 entirhub 于 2009-11-25 13:39 编辑 ].
作者: entirhub    时间: 2009-11-27 11:21

It was our weekly Monday morning assembly on November 23.  It was recognition day again.  We started with awarding the Model Classroom Awards and the Model School Bus Awards.  Next, we were treated to a Science presentation with the topic "Why Do We Have Eyebrows?"
It was presented by a Primary 5 pupil.  What striked me most was that she was no ordinary girl to me...
A couple of years ago, when I first saw her, she was a very timid girl.  She would cry profusely and refused to enter the classroom for her lessons.  Her mother had to be around constantly to console her and persuade her to enter the classroom.  When she finally relented, her mother had to remain in school because she would often snapped back to her timid self again and her mother's presence was again badly needed.  It took her quite some time to adjust to school life.
Time flies.  I saw her standing on the stage all by herself, confidently delivering the notes of her presentation.
I am amazed by the great change in her.  I wondered to myself, "What caused such a change in her?"  Could it be that she has grown up and matured?  Could it be that she has very strong family support?  Could it be that she has received so much care and patience in school?
I guess the answer is ALL of them and we are glad to be a part of it.

这是我们每周一的晨会。晨会被老师及同学誉为“奖励日”。那是因为,这一天台上将开放给同学们表演,展示自己的才华。今天,小五的同学通过PPT演示“为什么我们都有眉毛呢?”的科学研究报告

眼前是小五的女生――李同学。我很惊讶,今天研究成果的主角就是她。

两三年前,当我第一次看到她时,她是一个非常胆小的女孩。她每天嚎啕大哭,拒绝进入教室学习。她的母亲什么是都没有干,就是留在学校不断安慰她,并劝她进入课堂。就算李同学当天“妥协‘进入教室学习,她的母亲还是得留在学校,因为她随时会再次被胆怯得心理所吞噬,冲出教室,吵着回家。

时间过得真快。我看到她站在舞台上,脱胎换骨,信心满满,自由掌控现场同学观众得情绪。。。

她的巨大变化,是什么原因造成的?“难道她长大了,成熟了?难道她有很强的家庭支撑着她?难道是学校对她多了一份关怀和耐心?”

我想答案都是。。。我们很高兴在她的改变过程中能扮演积极的角色。

[ 本帖最后由 entirhub 于 2009-11-27 11:25 编辑 ].
作者: 一杯白开水    时间: 2009-11-27 19:52

看着这个标题,让我不禁感慨,,

时下当局,老师们的信心又如何建立?

心灰意冷的老师们如何能教出信心满满的学生??

我,是不是得去找心理医生了???.
作者: 雪儿157    时间: 2009-11-27 21:20

苦命啊,偶的信心又不知道从哪儿去寻找?.
作者: lifangliu    时间: 2009-11-27 21:38

加油!.
作者: yzp26631    时间: 2009-11-27 22:21

Confidence
who can build our Confidence!

[ 本帖最后由 yzp26631 于 2009-11-27 22:22 编辑 ].
作者: entirhub    时间: 2009-11-28 07:45     标题: 回复 6#yzp26631 的帖子

Yes, you are right.

Only when we build our confidence, the pupils under our charge will be able to grow healthy.

It is s tough job which worth all the effort from us. After all, teaching is our calling, our first love..
作者: cocoyangyang    时间: 2009-11-28 11:16

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽
作者: yzp26631    时间: 2009-11-28 16:32

grow healthy?
I hope so.

欢迎光临 旺旺网 (http://321ww.net/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0