https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz ... XGDfn8Rz%2FT0zOv#rd

12篇世界著名祷告文 | 中英对照

原创 2017-11-28 / 黑門

能不能/献上尊荣/箴言5:1-14
来自黑門
00:0011:57

翻译:Shufen | 整编:黑门
转载请后台输入 授权

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds; a son who will know Thee—and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.
Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men; one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, and the weakness of true strength.

Then I, his father will dare to whisper, “I have not lived in vain. ”

General Douglas MacArthur

主啊!恳求祢塑造我的儿子,使他坚强到能够认识自己的软弱;勇敢到能够面对自己的惧怕;在诚实的失败中,依然自信,毫不气馁;在胜利中,仍保持谦逊温和。

恳求祢塑造我的儿子,不至空有幻想而缺乏行动;引导他认识祢,知道认识他自己乃是知识的基石。

我祈祷,愿祢引导他不求安逸、舒适,相反的,经过压力、艰难和挑战,学习在风暴中挺身站立,并学会怜恤那些失败的人。

恳求祢塑造我的儿子,心地纯洁,目标远大;使他在指挥别人之前,先懂得保守自己;使他永不忘记过去的教训,又能伸展未来的理想。

当他拥有以上的一切,我还要祈求,赐他足够的幽默感,使他能够认真严肃,却不致于过分苛求自己。恳求赐他谦卑,使他永远牢记:真正伟大中的平凡,真正智慧中的开明,真正勇力中的柔弱。

如此,我这作他父亲的,才敢低声说:“我没有虚度此生。 ”  

道格拉斯. 麦克亚瑟
20世纪美国军事将领

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.Where there is hatred, let me sow love;where there is injury,pardon;where there is doubt, faith;where there is despair, hope;where there is darkness, light;and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;to be loved as to love.For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.Amen!

St. Francis of Assisi

主啊,使我作你和平的使者。在有仇恨的地方,让我播种仁爱;在有伤害的地方,让我播种宽恕;在有怀疑的地方,让我播种信心;在有绝望的地方,让我播种希望;在有黑暗的地方,让我播种光明;在有悲哀的地方,让我播种喜乐。

噢,圣洁的主,赐我那所求的:不求人安慰,但求去安慰人;不求人理解,但求去理解人;不求爱,但求去爱;因为给予,就是得着;宽恕人,就被宽恕;在死去之中,我们得着永生。阿们!   

阿西西的圣弗朗西斯
13世纪意大利修士

Jesus, my suffereing Lord, grant that today and every day I may see you in the person of Your sick ones, and that in caring for them I may serve you. Grant also that even in the guise of the fretful, the demanding, the unreasonable, I may still recognize You and say: My sufferening Jesus, how sweet it is to serve You.   

Mother Teresa

耶稣,受苦的主,让我今天及每一天都可以在那些病人身上看到祢的形象,在关爱他们的时候可以服侍祢。即使在那些烦躁的、苛求的和不讲理的人身上,保守我仍然可以认出祢,并对祢说:我受苦的耶稣,服侍祢是何等甘甜。

特蕾莎修女
20世纪在印度服侍穷人的修女

O God, who hast revealed Thyself to us not only as Truth but as Beauty, restain us from that rude and careless haste which disregards the manifold and incessant beauty of Thy creation, whereby Thou art revealing Thyself to us: grant us the recollectedness whereby we may look on these manifest and unceasing revelations of the loveliness of thy nature and, so looking upon these reflections of Thee, may begin to learn that Thy unveiled splendor must be, Thy formless beauty, of which all beauty of form is but a shadow.   

Gerald Heard

噢,上帝啊,祢已向我们表明,祢不仅仅是真理,更是美丽之源。恳求祢禁止我们不落入粗鲁而冷漠的匆忙之中,漠视祢的创造所呈现的多种多样的无尽之美。祢透过被造之物向我们启示祢自己:求赐给我们专注的心,可以观看欣赏这些不断反映和启示祢本性之美妙的事物。所以藉着观看这些映像,我们开始明白,你没有遮掩的宏伟一定是美丽之源,所有有形之美都只不过是祢无形之美的影子。

杰拉尔德. 赫德
20世纪美国历史学家,作家

O God, grant us in all our doubts and uncertainties the grace to ask what you would have us to do; that the spirit of wisdom may save us from all false choices, and that in your light we may see light, and in your straight path may not stumble, through Jesus christ our Lord. Amen.

William Bright

噢,上帝,祈求在我们一切的怀疑和不确定之间,赐给我们恩典去求问祢愿意我们做什么;祈求智慧的灵救我们脱离所有错误的选择,并且在祢的光中我们可以得见光,靠着耶稣基督我们主,在祢正直的路上我们可以不跌倒。阿们!

威廉.布莱特
19世纪英国教会历史学家

Take my life and let it be Consecrated , Lord, to thee;Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of thy love; Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for thee. Take my voice and let me sing, always, only for my King;Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from thee. Take my silver and my gold, not a mite would I withhold;Take my intellect and use every power as thou shalt choose. Take my will and make it thine; It shall be no longer mine;Take my heart, it is thine own; It shall be thy royal throne. Take my love, my Lord I pour at they feet its treasure store;Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee.     

Frances Ridley Havergal

主啊,占据我的生命,使其分别为圣归祢;占据我的时间和日子,使其充满不止息的赞美;使用我的双手,使其随着祢爱的脉动而挥舞;使用我的双脚,为祢而留下敏捷而优美的脚踪;夺得我的声音,使我常常歌唱,单单只为我的王;夺得我的双唇,使其充满出自祢的信息;接受我的金和银,我不愿留下一分一文;接受我的智慧,使用祢所选择的每一分力量;夺得我的意志,成为祢所有,而不再是我所有;夺得我的心,成为祢所有,献在祢尊贵座前;夺得我的爱,我的主,在祢脚前倾倒我的宝藏;夺得我全人,我是属于祢的,单单只为祢而活。     

法兰西.雷德利.海福格尔
19世纪英国宗教诗人和作曲家

O thou whose name is Emmanuel, our Lord and Sovereign: grace is poured into thy lips, and to thee belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against thee. We, who are no more worthy to be called thy servants, beseech thee to do away our transgressions. We confess that thou mightes cast us away for them, but do it not for thy name’s sake. Our wisdom is gone, our power is gone, nor have we that we may call our own but sin, shame, and confusion of face for sin. Take pity upon us, O Lord, take pity upon us, and save us. Amen.   

John Bunyan

我们的主,统管万有者,祢的名为以马内利:虽然我们曾经悖逆抵挡祢,但恩典从祢唇齿之间倾泻而出,恩慈和饶恕都属乎祢。我们不再配得被称为祢的仆人,祈求祢挪去我们的过犯。我们承认,祢的能力可以使过犯远离我们,但却不是出于祢名的缘故。我们的智慧殆尽,我们的力量衰微,我们能称为自己所有的,除了罪、羞愧、面对罪的困惑之外别无他物。怜悯我们,主啊,怜悯我们!拯救我们!阿们!   

约翰.班扬
17世纪英国作家,布道家

O God of earth and altar, bow down and hear our cry, our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die; the walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide, Take not your thunder from us, but take way our pride! From all that terror teaches, from lies of tougue and pen, from all the easy speeches, that comfort cruel men, from sale and profanation of honor and the sword, from sleep and from damnation, deliver us, good Lord.   

G. K. Chesterton

全地的上帝,祭坛的主,恳求祢屈身,倾听我们的呼求,我们地上的统治者畏缩不前,我们的百姓漂泊流离,死于非命;金银的墙壁吞灭我们,轻蔑的刀剑分裂我们,不要从我们这里收回祢的雷声,却要拿走我们的骄傲!从那些无尽的恐惧中,从那些欺骗的唇舌和纸笔之间,从那些安抚残暴之人的轻浮演说中,从那些虚荣和刀剑的兜售和亵渎之间,从沉睡和自我毁灭之中,恩慈的上帝啊,救赎我们!  

切斯特顿
19世纪英国作家,评论家

Lord, inspire us to read your Scriptures and meditate upon them day and night. We beg you to give us real understanding of what we need, that we in turn may put its precepts into practice. Yet we know that understanding and good intentions are worthless, unless rooted in your graceful love. So we ask that the words of Scriptures may also be not just signs on a page, but channels of grace into our hearts.      

Origen

主啊,激励我们阅读祢的圣经,并日夜思想祢的话语。我们恳求祢赐给我们所需的真正的理解,以致我们可以将诫命实践出来。然而我们知道,理解和良好的动机都是无意义,除非根植于祢恩慈的爱里。因此我们祈求圣经的话语不仅仅是书面的字句,更是成为进入我们心灵的恩典管道。

俄利根
1世纪初代教父

God of all nations of the earth, remember the multiudes who, though created in your image, have not known you, nor the dying of your Son their Savior Jesus Christ. Grant that by the prayers and work of your holy church they may be delivered from ignorance and unbelief and brought to worship you; through him whom you have sent to be the resurrection and the life of all people, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.   

St. Francis Xavier

全地万国万邦的上帝,纪念那些照着祢形象所造但却不认识祢或祢儿子耶稣基督救主之死的众生。恳求藉着祢圣洁教会的祷告和事工,藉着祢儿子耶稣基督我们的主,祢所差派来成为所有人的复活和生命的,他们可以从无知和不信之中被救赎,可以带到祢面前敬拜祢。

圣方济各
16世纪耶稣会创立者之一

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, ccourage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it, trusting that You will make all things right, if I surrender to Your will, so that I may be reasonably happy in this life, and supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen.   

Reinhold Niebuhr

上帝啊,求赐给我恩典平静地接受我无法改变的事,赐给我勇气去做应当改变的事,赐给我智慧能分辨两者的不同。

过好生活中的每一天,享受生活中的每一个时刻,把苦难视为通往和平的必经之路,效法耶稣所行的,看清这个世界罪恶的真相,而不是用我自己的方式。只要我降服在祢的旨意之下,相信神必使万物变为美好,让我在今世可以快乐地生活,也在永世与祢同在时,有极大的快乐。阿们!   

雷茵霍尔德.尼布尔
20世纪美国神学家

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.     

Mother Teresa

人们常常是不讲道理,非理性,自我为中心的。无论如何,仍要原谅他们。
如果你仁慈,人们可能控告你自私,有不可告人的动机。无论如何,仍要仁慈。

如果你很成功,你将可能赢得一些不忠的朋友和真诚的敌人。无论如何,仍要努力成功。

如果你诚实且真诚,人们可能会欺骗你。无论如何,仍要诚实且真诚。

你长年累月所创造的,别人可能一夜就毁坏它。无论如何,仍要创造。

如果你过得平静而幸福,别人可能会妒忌。无论如何,仍要快乐。

你今天所做的善事,常常会被忘记。无论如何,仍要行善。

你给出最好的所有,还是永远都不足够。无论如何,仍要给予最好的。

因为在最终的审判中,是你和上帝之间的事,无论如何,绝不会是你和他们之间的事。

特蕾莎修女
20世纪在印度服侍穷人的修女

Selected from The Westminister Collection of Christian Prayers by Dorothy M. Stewart, Westmnister John Knox Press, 1999  ;  

祷告原文选自《威斯敏斯特选集:基督徒的祷告》,多萝西.斯图尔特,威斯敏斯特约翰诺克斯出版社,1999年。

你们要恒切祷告,在此警醒感恩。
Give yourselves to prayer at all times,
keeping watch with praise.

— 歌罗西书 4:2 —

发新话题