发新话题
打印【有1个人次参与评价】

When the rain can over?---Poor English, could anyone kindly correct me?

From husband of watermelon

I get the gist of what you are trying to say, but you probably want to be able to communicate smoothly and fluently. It does feel better to express your thoughts without others having to stop and wonder exactly what you mean. Here are a few suggestions, though I am only guessing what your exact meaning really is.

I planed football for my son last weekend, it was cancelled for rain.

I had planned to let my son play football last weekend, but those plans were cancelled due to rain.

Perhaps you meant that you had planned a football game for your son. I wasn’t exactly sure whether that’s what you meant. Also, don’t forget the proper spelling of “planned.” I don’t think you intend to “plane” a football, as that would certainly ruin it.

I planed strawberry trip for my family this weekend, it was cancelled for bad weather as well.

I had planned a field trip for my family this weekend. It was cancelled due to bad weather as well.

I’m not entirely certain what a “strawberry trip” is supposed to be. I assume that you meant a field trip of some sort. Did you also intend to pick strawberries? In that case, you should say that you had planned to go strawberry picking with your family. One thing to keep in mind is that you should use periods instead of commas when you have expressed a complete idea. Many non-native speakers of English have very poor punctuation skills and don’t seem to understand how it affects the overall communication of their written word. Try not to make the common mistake of using too many commas (,) and not enough periods (.). If you are in doubt, remember that you can also use a semicolon (;). Good writers actually try to use commas and semicolons sparingly, but never hesitate when it is absolutely necessary. Also, don’t forget to use articles, like “a,” in front of nouns.
When we can expect sunshining?

When can we expect some sunshine?

“Sunshine” would be the noun you are looking for. Since it is uncountable, the addition of the word “some” helps to clarify the property of the word.
My english is very poor, i know most of you with very good English  ,

My English is very poor. I know most of you are very good with English.

I think this is closer to what you really meant. If you say that “I know most of you,” that means you are familiar with most of the people you are talking to. Did you really mean that you know the people personally or that you know that most of the people reading your words have good English skills? Don’t forget to always capitalize the word, “English.”

could anyone of you kindly help me correct these errors?

Could anyone kindly help me correct these errors?

If you say “any one of you,” that would imply that you only require one person to respond to your inquiry.

Thank very much in advance!   

Thank you very much in advance!

You could also say “thanks,” but don’t forget to add the “s.”.

发新话题