发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

[推荐] 教育话题选-成功不是单行道

本主题被作者加入到个人文集中

教育话题选-成功不是单行道

为什么有这么多人在成功以后失败? 最主要的原因之一是,我们把成功当作一条单行道 我们尽其所能地达到成功 当我们到达那一步以后,我们觉得我们已经做到了 我们便闲散下来 不再继续那些当初让我们成功的努力 用不了太久,事情就开始走下坡 我可以告诉你这是怎么回事 因为这是我的亲身体验。
为了成功,我努力工作,我鞭策自己 但我停了下来,因为我想"我已经做到了 现在我可以坐着休息了。"
为了成功,我总是试着做到最好,超越自己 我不再这么做是因为我想,"我已经够好了, 我不再需要改进了。"
为了成功,我总是有很多好的创意。 因为我做了这些让我达到成功的事。 但我停下来了。因为我想我是个大腕了 我不用再想这些点子。它们会自动出现的。但唯一出现的是灵感障碍 我没办法再想出任何点子。
为了成功,我用心地关注我的客户和计划 而不是金钱。但一旦公司开始赚钱 我就开始分心了 我发现自己总是在与股票经纪人、地产经纪人讲电话 在我应该花时间关心客户的时候
为了成功,我总是做我最喜欢的事 但不喜欢的事慢慢接踵而来 像管理 - 我是世界上最糟糕的管理者 但当时我觉得这就是我该做的 因为我毕竟是公司的老板
很快地,乌云罩顶 我外表看上去成功 但内心非常消沉 但身为一个男人,我知道该怎么解决 我买了台跑车 (笑声) 但那没有解决问题 我拥有了速度但仍然消沉
于是我去看医生,我说"医生, 这世界上没有什么是我要而买不到的,但我很不快乐 人们说的都是真的,我以前不相信,直到亲身经历 金钱是买不到快乐的。" 他回答。”但可以买到百忧解。“ 于是他让我吃抗忧郁药 乌云似乎有点消散了,但工作也是 因为我如坠云中,我根本不在乎客户有没有与我联系 (笑声)
事实上也没有。 (笑声) 因为他们知道我已经不再在乎他们 我只在乎我自己。 于是他们带着钱和计划到真正能服务他们的人那里去
很快的,我的事业如坠深渊 我的合伙人和我只有让我们的员工走路 只剩下我们两个,也差不多要完蛋了但突然一切又好了 因为没有员工,就不用管理
我可以回去做我喜欢的计划 工作又开始有趣了,我也更努力工作。长话短说 我又开始走回成功的道路 但那不是条高速公路 它总共花了我七年
但现在,我们的公司比之前更强大 我也继续履行我的八条原则 在我头上的乌云消失了 某天早上我醒来,对自己说 ”我不需要百忧解了。“ 我把它扔了出去,再也没有碰过
我学到成功不是一条单行道 它看起来不像这样,它看起来更像这样 是一条持续的长路 如果我们不想染上”从成功到失败"症 只要持续地谨守这八条原则 因为你要的不只是成功 更是保持成功。 愿我们都继续成功。 非常谢谢各位。 (掌声)  2009

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2011-10-4 07:38 编辑 ].

英语讲演稿

Why do so many people reach success and then fail? One of the big reasons is, we think success is a one-way street. So we do everything that leads up to success. But then we get there. We figure we've made it, we sit back in our comfort zone, and we actually stop doing everything that made us successful. And it doesn't take long to go downhill.And I can tell you this happens. Because it happened to me.
Reaching success, I worked hard, I pushed myself.But then I stopped, because I figured, "Oh, you know, I made it. I can just sit back and relax."
Reaching success, I always tried to improve and do good work. But then I stopped because I figured, "Hey, I'm good enough. I don't need to improve any more."
Reaching success, I was pretty good at coming up with good ideas. Because I did all these simple things that led to ideas. But then I stopped. Because I figured I was this hot-shot guy and I shouldn't have to work at ideas. They should just come like magic. And the only thing that came was creative block. I couldn't come up with any ideas.
Reaching success, I always focused on clients and projects, and ignored the money. Then all this money started pouring in. And I got distracted by it.And suddenly I was on the phone to my stockbroker and my real estate agent, when I should have been talking to my clients.
And reaching success, I always did what I loved.But then I got into stuff that I didn't love, like management. I am the world's worst manager. But I figured I should be doing it. Because I was, after all, the president of the company.
Well, soon a black cloud formed over my head and here I was, outwardly very successful, but inwardly very depressed. But I'm a guy, I knew how to fix it. I bought a fast car. (Laughter) It didn't help. I was faster but just as depressed.
So I went to my doctor. I said, "Doc, I can buy anything I want. But I'm not happy. I'm depressed.It's true what they say, and I didn't believe it until it happened to me. But money can't buy happiness."He said, "No. But it can buy Prozac." And he put me on anti-depressants. And the black cloud faded a little bit. But so did all the work. Because I was just floating along. I couldn't care less if clients ever called. (Laughter)
And clients didn't call. (Laughter) Because they could see I was no longer serving them, I was only serving myself. So they took their money and their projects to others who would serve them better.
Well, it didn't take long for business to drop like a rock. My partner and I, Thom, we had to let all our employees go. It was down to just the two of us, and we were about to go under. And that was great.Because with no employees, there was nobody for me to manage.
So I went back to doing the projects I loved. I had fun again. I worked harder. And to cut a long story short: did all the things that took me back up to success. But it wasn't a quick trip. It took seven years.
But in the end, business grew bigger than ever.And when I went back to following these eight principles, the black cloud over my head disappeared altogether. And I woke up one day and I said, "I don't need Prozac anymore." And I threw it away and haven't needed it since.
I learned that success isn't a one way street. It doesn't look like this. It really looks more like this.It's a continuous journey. And if we want to avoid "success to failure syndrome." We just keep following these eight principles. Because that is not only how we achieve success, it's how we sustain it. So here is to your continued success.Thank you very much. (Applause)   4分钟.

发新话题