查看完整版本: How many percent of Chinese charactor are you able to handwrite correctly

nice妈妈 2009-3-19 07:04

How many percent of Chinese charactor are you able to handwrite correctly

These days we have discussed many things about spelling,
But you know, I have a question like the Emperor's new clothes for me,  How many percent of Chinese charactor are you able to write correctly in handwriting?
From English perspective, you have to have at least 80% spelling accuracy in written English,
why it is 80% not an even higher percent? I think normally we rely on spelling check to tell us wrong, that is also the reason why we have many complaints in WangWang,since we can not rely on spelling check and grammer check here.
But from Chinese perspective, we rely mostly on PinYin, therefore, with only 50% accuracy in Chinese charactor, we shall be fine in typing Chinese charactor.
Problem is: when you have to handwrite Chinese charactor, how well are you able to manage the Chinest Stroke.
How often do you need to handwrite Chinese charactor except for your name?
I think the accuracy of mine is around 70%--79%, it is a shame,isn't it, as of my mother language?
I have two irony moment with this problem
one time, when I was on the train with my daughter, she was writing her diary, and she asked me how to write "Yi" in Chinese which stand for aunt. I said:"oh, it has been long time that I did not write a characotor,so I forget it", then a nearby old lady suddenly gave me a very sharp glance,I feel embarrassed,the old lady must believe that she had caught an illiterate nowaday.  
another time, when I was requested to write a Chinese essay on the paper,except for those wrong charactor that I have written, there is one charactor totolly slip out of my mind, it is"Dai" which stand for sabotage, what a shame, I can't leave the blank on the paper like a small school child.

How about you?
How often do you write Chinese charactor by hand?
will you look down on the person who can not manage Chinese charactor very well?

[[i] 本帖最后由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-19 07:33 编辑 [/i]].

冰城来客 2009-3-19 09:33

Years ago, i think i can write most (option 1) of them correcttly.

But now, with less and less writing, i choose option 2.[em07].

nice妈妈 2009-3-19 10:13

回复 1#冰城来客 的帖子

the problem is quite annoying me
on the one hand, when I write in English with the excuse of English writting is faster, People will think I am a fanfare of English.
on the other hand, when I write in Chines, I am nervous about the stroke, people will think I am less-educated.

in the case if I must choose one, which one you will feel a little better, I know neither of them are good..

PUPPET 2009-3-19 10:16

You remind me, I have seldom handwritten Chinese character except sign my name. Most time I use computer or mobile phone keyboard to write Chinese instead of handwriting.But I like to type English words than Chinese character.

[[i] 本帖最后由 PUPPET 于 2009-3-19 10:18 编辑 [/i]].

nice妈妈 2009-3-19 10:33

回复 3#PUPPET 的帖子

right, you know, in English, actually there is no big difference whether you handwrite it or type it.
But in Chinese, that is totally different.

PUPPET 2009-3-19 10:53

Yeah. My boss often wrong type English words in his email, but I can understand what its meaning. He like to say “me like”, “me understand” instead of “I ”, so I follow him to say “me”. Also his pronunciation with little Scotland accent, but he is a American. I also find some phase varience between London English and American English, so I think language is alive, we need to learn English from daily life..

mayflower 2009-3-19 11:14

a small bug----'a American' should be 'an American'[tt9].

PUPPET 2009-3-19 13:54

[quote]原帖由 [i]mayflower[/i] 于 2009-3-19 11:14 发表 [url=http://ww123.net/baby/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=4648976&ptid=4624768][img]http://ww123.net/baby/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
a small bug----'a American' should be 'an American'[tt9] [/quote]

Thank you.

I made a low-grade mistake..

Emerald 2009-3-19 14:16

回复 5#PUPPET 的帖子

me like, me do is like a kind of tone. It is ok in oral or some informal mails..

PUPPET 2009-3-19 15:09

[quote]原帖由 [i]Emerald[/i] 于 2009-3-19 14:16 发表 [url=http://ww123.net/baby/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=4651672&ptid=4624768][img]http://ww123.net/baby/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
me like, me do is like a kind of tone. It is ok in oral or some informal mails. [/quote]

Oh, Emerald, your English is good, me like to read your English writing, it’s fluently and vividly. I think the grammar just is habits of expression for native speakers, so reading English fictions or novels is best way to improve English ability and understand western’s culture. I am sure you read more, so your English writing is good, also including Nice mama and other WW mama. But for me, I have less time to read, my English is backward..

nice妈妈 2009-3-19 15:57

回复 9#PUPPET 的帖子

PUPPET, don't worry, you know the saying "slow and steady wins the race", it is never too late to put the effort..

PUPPET 2009-3-19 17:00

[quote]原帖由 [i]nice妈妈[/i] 于 2009-3-19 15:57 发表 [url=http://ww123.net/baby/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=4652970&ptid=4624768][img]http://ww123.net/baby/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
PUPPET, don't worry, you know the saying "slow and steady wins the race", it is never too late to put the effort. [/quote]

Thank you, you are very nice..

扬扬妈妈 2009-3-19 21:27

i would better to take "check system" for both Chinese & English when typing, and do not rely on my own brain now, what a pity!.

Emerald 2009-3-19 22:43

回复 9#PUPPET 的帖子

Thank you. But I know my English is not good enough. English is rather hard.:L I mean learning a language is harder than some other subjects..

nice妈妈 2009-3-20 08:42

回复 13#Emerald 的帖子

I am a little different, I had never think to learn English is an odd job.
It is just like a window to another side of the world, actually you learn more than just lauguage,you see culture, society, people, tourist place, food and all different things.
I don't really trest English as a subject, especially after graduate
I see one of the NBA MVP has said: "I have the best job in the world, I play the game and am paid with the play". I think this is the attitude that makes him think different.
US people always think "if you don't like it then stop it for a while, have fun is the rule of thumb"

[[i] 本帖最后由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-20 08:44 编辑 [/i]].

Emerald 2009-3-20 11:16

回复 14#nice妈妈 的帖子

Because you are interested in English. You had lots of fun in the process of learning it. The achievements add up confidence. Then it won't be that difficult to you.
But I still think language learning is hard if people want to get a high level..
页: [1]
查看完整版本: How many percent of Chinese charactor are you able to handwrite correctly

Processed in 2 queries